The container test centre
The dangerous goods regulations serve to improve safety during the transport of dangerous goods and have existed for some time. Sometimes, however, there are different regulations in individual countries and different modes of transport have different requirements for dangerous goods containers.
Finding one’s way around this jungle requires a lot of effort and can be costly, but accidents should be avoided when shipping dangerous goods
We’re here to help you find your way and to advise you competently.
We test all the following for you
- Barrels made of plywood, cardboard, steel, aluminium and other metals
- Canisters made from steel, aluminium and other metals.
- Crates made from wood, cardboard, plastic, steel, aluminium and other metals, with or without inner packing layer.
- Bags made from paper, fabric or plastic webbing
- Combination containers
- Thin steel containers
- Further objects after individual clarification
The following elements of the standard tests can be performed
- Drop testing up to 9 m and 500 kg
- Stack pressure testing at room temperature or in an air-conditioned room
- Tightness and internal pressure testing of liquid goods containers
- Permeation testing for plastic containers
- Testing of containers for infectious and radioactive substances
- Puncture tests, sprinkler tests
Testing by Swiss Safety Centre AG has its benefits
- Checking and forwarding the test report to the responsible conformity assessment body simplifies the administrative process and accelerates the testing and approval process.
- Testing appointments can also be made at short notice.
- Specialists from Swiss Safety Center AG are members of experienced international organisations and the European Standards Committee, CEN TC-261.
- As a customer, you can take part in the testing and hence directly gain insight into the development of new products.