Mobile ultrasound testing of gas cylinders in dry extinguishing systems
Testing of the extinguishing system should imply no interruption in the safety chain as far as possible. The cylinders should hence be as close as possible to the system. This can be done by replacement with new cylinders - but this however is associated with great effort and high costs.
An excellent alternative is our AutosonicTM mobile ultrasound test facility with which we test cylinders in situ for RID/ADR conformity.
The benefits of this type of testing are:
- High security due to very short system interruption
- Cylinders conform to ADR standard
- 10-year test validity
We have many years of experience with this test facility.
We would be happy to make you an offer for testing your extinguishing gas cylinders
- Continual removal of the cylinders from the system by the installer or operator
- Testing the cylinders according to RID / ADR before immediate reintroduction into the system
- Functional test of the system based on operator instruction or another entity as required.
In order to enable the tests to be carried out effectively, the following conditions must be upheld:
Requirements at the test site
- Footprint: approx. 5 m to 10 m, access 2 m wide
- 400 V connection
- Water supply incl. drainage
- Air supply min. 6 bar
- Floor load capacity 400 kg/m2
- Lifting trucks min. 1000 kg
- Lighting min. 500 lux
- A support person is to be provided by the customer for the supply of cylinders to the AutosonicTM ultrasound testing system and for their removal as well as auxiliary activities (stamping of the cylinders, disposal, etc.).
- The external surface of the cylinders should be free from mechanical damage, stickers or excessive paint staining. Labelling must be obviously readable.
- The cylinder valves must not protrude beyond the outer diameter of the cylinders.In order to enable the tests to be carried out effectively, the following conditions must be upheld